Even if you have a contracted company that keeps our computer system in good condition, some things can only be done on-site. And by this, it is only referring to the manager or head of the company, but to every one of the employees who work with a computer on a computer network. You must try to keep off the dust from hardware like Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 and computer.
Must take into account:
For Hardware Care:
- Never bring liquids or drinks to the electronic components. Any drop of water in a bad place can cause short circuits and burn cables or hardware components.
- Keep the equipment in a dust-free place, especially if it is a desktop computer. The dust collects on the fan and inside the computer case, preventing ventilation usually, which causes internal heat and cannot cool the CPU.
- Clean the keyboard and mouse from time to time. Computer mice can be cleaned easily, moving the rear wheel, removing the ball, and with a handkerchief and a toothpick to remove all the accumulated garbage. The keyboard requires removing the keys and is more complicated. I have written an article in which I explain how to clean your keyboard.
Our maintenance company will be in charge of opening the casing, periodically checking that the equipment is in good condition, and applying improvements if necessary.
For Software Care:
- Do not turn off your computer by pressing the power directly. Sometimes there is no other option left when it crashes, but it is preferable to avoid this action. You must always turn off from startup and turn off the system.
- Work with a good antivirus. We recommend that you use Nod 32. It’s cheap and offers you full-featured protection, unlike some free software. It is advisable to do a virus scan every so often.
- Avoid bad practices online. Do not download programs from unknown manufacturers or use P2P networks in the company without adequate security. Also, be careful when opening emails, even if you see that your bank “supposedly” writes you.
- Download the updates. Windows has an automatic system for downloading updates, but you should be aware that it is activated and being downloaded. The same for the programs you use, as well as for Java and antivirus.