Cannabis clones are easy and inexpensive to grow, and they offer a quick way to get started with your cannabis grow operation. Clones are simply cuttings taken from a mother plant, and they can be grown in any number of ways. In this article, we will show you how to grow cannabis clones using the hydroponic method.
1. Prepare Your Hydroponic System The first step is to prepare your hydroponic system. You will need a growing medium, a water pump, an air stone, and some net pots. We recommend using rockwool as your growing medium, but you can also use coco coir or perlite.
2. Take Cuttings from the Mother Plant Once you have your system set up, it’s time to take cuttings from the mother plant. Using a sharp knife or pair of scissors, cut off 4-6 inch sections of the plant. Each cutting should have 2-3 sets of leaves.
3. Dip the Cuttings in Rooting Hormone Dip the bottom inch or so of each cutting in rooting hormone. This will help encourage root growth.
4. Plant the Cuttings in the Growing Medium Plant the cuttings in your growing medium, making sure that the hormone-coated bottom is buried beneath the medium. Leave about 2 inches of space between each cutting.
5. Keep the Cuttings Warm and Humid Keep the cuttings warm and humid by placing a clear plastic dome over them. We recommend using a humidity dome with adjustable vents so that you can regulate the amount of humidity inside.
6 . Provide Adequate Lighting Clones need bright light in order to thrive, so provide them with an LED grow light or fluorescent grow light placed about 6 inches above the plants. Keep the lights on for 18-24 hours per day during vegetative growth.
7 .water regularly Water your clones regularly, making sure that the nutrient solution is always fresh. A good rule of thumb is to change out the solution every other day during vegetative growth and every 3 days during flowering.
8 .Fertilize You will need to fertilize your clones starting when they are 2-3 weeks old . Use a high-quality liquid fertilizer designed for cannabis plants . Follow the directions on the fertilizer bottle for best results .
9 .Watch for Pests and Diseases Keep an eye out for pests and diseases , and take action immediately if you see anything suspicious . Common pests include aphids , spider mites , and whiteflies . Powdery mildew is a common disease that can infect cannabis plants .10 .Harvest When Ready Your clones will be ready to harvest when they are 8-10 weeks old .To harvest , cut down the entire plant at the stem . Hang the plants upside down in a cool , dark place to dry . Once dry , trim off any excess leaves and enjoy !
Conclusion :Clones offer a quick and easy way to get started with growing cannabis . By following these simple instructions , you can have a successful crop of clones in no time !Blog Title: How to Grow Cannabis Clones